Dear Dairy Processors / Farmers / Transporters
Re: Dairysafe update
Earlier this year we made an announcement that proposed changes to our service model were under consideration. Please find below an update on the changes that are now underway and to be implemented over the course of the 2017-18 financial year.
Introducing Total Quality Certification Services for Auditing of Processors and Transporters
- The auditing of Food Safety programs for processors and transporters producing for the domestic market only will now be audited by Dairysafe through our third-party auditors, Total Quality Certification Services International (TQCSI) (see below for details).
- Audit schedules have been planned and TQCSI will shortly contact you to arrange your next audit.
- The auditor you will initially meet is Carolin Arndt, an experienced auditor based here in South Australia.
- Dairysafe remains responsible for all new processor and transporter applications, annual accreditations and the management of any adverse audit findings identified during audits so as to ensure any issues are resolved promptly.
I would ask that we welcome TQCSI & Carolin Ardnt and continue to collectively develop exceptional food safety programs and culture here in South Australia.
Auditing of Farmers
- Nothing has changed…auditing of dairy farms will continue as per the current arrangements with one of our existing auditors; Fiona Little, Keith Ellerton, Leonie Ellerton and Trevor Keele attending.
Changes to the Dairysafe Team
- As a result of the auditing role change, Jola Ganczarczyk has left the Dairysafe team and will be working with the Department of Agriculture and Water & Resources (DAWR), assisting with the auditing of export accredited dairy operations.
Auditing of Export Dairy Processors
- The Department of Agriculture, Water & Resources (DAWR) will assume the responsibility for the export audits conducted in South Australia.
- Dairysafe will utilise the DAWR export audits to minimise duplication, therefore, not requiring a TQCSI or a Dairysafe auditor to attend these premises.
- Dairysafe will continue to work closely with the DAWR, as is always the case, but particularly so during this transition of responsibilities. We are committed to working closely to ensure that management of adverse auditing findings or issues raised are handled promptly.
- Dairysafe remains responsible for state based accreditations and applications.Should any queries arise as a result of the above changes, please contact our office on 8223 2277 or call me direct on 0438 729 632.
8 August 2017
TQCSI website and office details
Quality House, 117A Tapleys Hill Road, Hendon SA 5014 AUSTRALIA ph: 61 8 8347 0603 fax: 61 8 8445 9423